Are you a 1st Year tutor or involved in teaching 1st years?
If so, we have another ‘light lunch’ series you won’t want to miss in October / November 2015!
Following on from the STEER (Student Transition: Expectations; Engagement; Retention)s initiative & the Light Lunches introduced in 2013-4, we would like to invite all first year tutors and teachers to our third ‘Transition into Higher Education’ Light Lunch Series.
Tutors meet at the Light Lunch at Bolton Street 22nd October 2015
What will the session involve?
As well as lunch, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and chat with other first year tutors
- Meet face to face with members of the DIT Campus Life, Access and Student Services and get useful information on the services available to your students and the relevant contact details
- Discuss strategies for referring students to the services available and the resources developed to support this process (October sessions) or discuss mid semester assessment and feedback implications (November sessions)
- Discuss good practice and identify opportunities for collaboration and synergy, including an update on the Reimagining the TU4D first year prototype projects now underway; http://lttc.dit.ie/lttc/projects/tu4dublinprojects/tu4dfye/
- Provide feedback on what you would like to discuss / address at the follow up Light Lunches in Semester 2.
Four opportunities are available to attend the first semester session –
Thurs 15th Oct 2015 – Aungier St, Room 2048 from 1.10pm -2pm
Thurs 22nd Oct 2015 – Bolton St, BL137 from 1.10pm -2pm
Tues 10th Nov 2015 –Grangegorman, RD004 from 1.10pm -2pm
Thurs 12th Nov 2015 – Kevin St, KE1054 from 1.10pm -2pm
A session will take place in Cathal Brugha St. in Semester 2, on Wed March 9th
The sessions are informal so please drop in and leave at whatever time suits you over their duration.
Semester 2 Light Lunch dates and venues are as follows:
9th March – Boardroom , Cathal Brugha St.
10th March – Bolton St.
11th April – Aungier St.
14th April – RD004, Grangegorman